MMA SQUARED: Three UFC events in eight days; here’s (almost) every big moment – Bloody Elbow


What’s up everyone. I like to sit down with some charcoal and newsprint each fight night, and I came away with quite the collection in the past eight days. Let’s look back at what just happened.

Aleksei Oleinik threw nothing but bombs at Fabricio Werdum en route to a win.

Niko Price got his whole face tore up by Vicente Luque.

Calvin Kattar finished Jeremy Stephens in a way I’ve never seen before.

Tan Dan looms large while reffing Waterson vs Esparza

Yorgan de Castro looked really good for exactly five minutes of a fifteen minute fight.

What must it be like for Rogan and DC to watch their coworker Dominick Cruz get blitzed and then mad about it?

Henry Cejudo achieved his final form. Congrats Henry.

Francis Ngannou did awful things to Jair.

The dream of Tony vs Khabib finally died.

Michael Johnson was winning and got tapped again 🙁

Drew Dober took out his second prospect in a row and should be ranked by now, and…

…he looked great doing so.

OSP went up to heavyweight and looked less than comfortable being the little spoon.

Anthony Smith looked fantastic for about 20% of the fight and then sacrificed his bones and teeth in the remaining 80% of the fight.

Good to see and hear Michael Bisping on the broadcast.

Three fight on the final night of fights were so close that it showed the flaw in the show/win fighter pay format.

Song Yadong was brilliant for a 22 year old, but so was Chito Vera.

I did not expect Edson Barboza’s ground and pound to be his standout offense, but it was nasty.

Angela Hill probably summed it up best. Fighters who lose razor thin decisions should not lose half their pay the same as a fighter who gets slept in 30 seconds.

Take care of yourself and I’ll talk to you tomorrow.

Chris


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.