Hey, chess fans!
We hope you are enjoying a great start to 2020. Before we get too deep into our new year’s resolutions, let’s check out what the Chess.com team did in December 2019.
- Improvements to Puzzle Battle. We also improved server retries in case of interrupted connection during a Puzzle Rush.
- Your Profile page Stats summary now shows your best Puzzle Rush score for whatever time control you played last (five minutes or three minutes).
- If you set particular filters for Puzzle Training (rating range, etc.), they will now be stored locally so you don’t have to set them every session.
- Added analysis mode when observing Puzzle Battle. (Click a board to enter analysis mode, and outside the board to exit.)
Other Stuff (Web)
- Added Swiss Bughouse tournaments in Live Chess!
- Line breaks now properly displayed in Tournament descriptions.
- Improvements to cheat-detection logic.
- Added time-stamps to Daily games. Decide if/when you want to see them in your Daily Chess Settings.
- Navigation changes to support Chess Today.
- We made it easier to search for games in the Master Games database.
- You can now see the rating change for any Live or Daily game in your game archive: It’s on the Info tab.
- Improved usability of New Game modal form—for instance, adding a faster way to accept open seeks before someone else grabs them.
- Several improvements to the way member Stats are called (and more Stats improvements coming soon).
- Improvements to Chat and Club Chat.
- Bughouse UI now has better support for Dark Mode.
- Minor improvements to the Analysis interface.
- Club Coordinators can now view Vote and Club Match challenges they issued without getting an error.
- Added an Archive Quick-Link to your Home page options. (Go to your Home page and select Home Settings at upper right to customize your Quick Links.)
- Began making improvements to vs Computer (and there’s so much more to come!).
- Made Analysis Settings clearer and easier to understand.
- Performance improvements for Chess Today and the new member Home page.
Fair Play and Sportsmanship
- 75,525,319 games reviewed for Fair Play.
- 3,209,212 accounts reviewed for Fair Play.
- 6,044 accounts closed for Fair Play (including six titled players).
- 259,512 abuse reports received.
- 17,626 mute actions taken.
- 14,567 individual accounts muted.
- 27,223 accounts closed for abuse.
- Average time to first response: one day, one hour.
- Total Support responses: 13,286.
- Average quality by member rating: 91.8 / 100.
- Total Ratings: 1,445.
And that was December! As always, please let us know what you think in the comments, and we’ll be back soon to talk about January. Thanks!
⏮November 2019・ 🗓・January 2020 ⏭