This week, track services personnel from across the country convened at the 19th annual NASCAR Safety and Operations Summit presented by American Medical Response (AMR) in preparation for the 2019 season.
The annual three-day summit, which featured leading industry experts, panels and interactive workshops related to event operations, innovation and safety concluded yesterday at the Embassy Suites Conference Center in Concord, North Carolina.
The event concluded with the presentation of several prestigious awards presented for exemplary efforts in the track services, medical and security fields. The award winners are as follows:
· Teamwork Award: Martinsville Speedway
· Behind the Scenes Award: Tripp Amick and Jason Kelley, A&H Equipment
· Innovation Award: Hugh Myer, Empty Wallet Imagineering
· Norrie Baird NASCAR Track Services Training Award: Mark Beabout, Gateway Motorsports Park
· Above and Beyond Award: Ramin Mahini, ISM Raceway
· Medical Director Award: Dr. Jeff Ferguson, Richmond Raceway
· Nursing Director Award: Stan Lash, Homestead-Miami Speedway
· Security Award of Excellence: Brett Adam and Bill Hindman, ISM Raceway; Chris Alberta and Ivan Lawson, Richmond Raceway; Ed Bonney, Michigan International Raceway
— NASCAR —